The Aboriginal Lands Parliamentary Standing Committee advises that its Inquiry into Aboriginal Heritage continues to progress and acknowledges the written submissions already received in the Inquiry.
The Committee now invites submissions from stakeholders who have not previously provided submissions or seek to appear before the Committee, with a closing date of 22 July 2022.
The Terms of Reference for the Inquiry, are:
- The operations of the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1988;
- The management of Aboriginal Heritage in South Australia;
- The level of protection that Aboriginal Heritage is afforded in South Australia;
- Proposals to strengthen Aboriginal Heritage protection;
- How to best protect intangible Aboriginal Heritage; and
- How to best protect Aboriginal intellectual property.
Publicly available written submissions and evidence received to date is available on the Aboriginal Lands Parliamentary Standing Committee’s website: https://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/en/Committees/Committees-Detail (Then proceed to the Aboriginal Lands Parliamentary Standing Committee, ‘2021-2022 Aboriginal Heritage Inquiry’.)
New written submissions and expressions of interest should be addressed to: Executive Research Officer Aboriginal Lands Parliamentary Standing Committee c/- Parliament House GPO Box 572, Adelaide SA 5001 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if submissions are requested to be received on a confidential basis.