The Natural Resources Committee resolved at its meeting on 27 June 2022 to conduct an inquiry into biological charcoal (biochar).
The terms of reference for the Inquiry are:
That the Committee investigate and report on biochar, with particular reference to:
- The production of biochar in South Australia, interstate and internationally;
- Current and possible future uses of biochar in South Australia, interstate and internationally;
- The potential impact of the production and use of biochar, including consideration of
- environmental impacts;
- best use of raw material;
- climate impacts and potential carbon credits; and
- productivity of crops and animals;
- The potential health impact of the production, use and consumption of biochar;
- Any legal, financial or administrative barriers to the production, use and export of biochar in South Australia, and possible solutions to those barriers; and
- Any other relevant matter.
Further information can be found on the NRC webpage, via https://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/en/Committees/Committees-Detail
Any person or organisation wishing to provide a written submission to the Committee is invited to do so by close of business Monday 22 August 2022.
Enquiries and submissions should be directed to:
The Parliamentary Officer
Natural Resources Committee
GPO Box 572
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Phone: (08) 8237 9387
Email : NRC.Assembly@parliament.sa.gov.au